Sign in to follow this  
The waiter

Gcompris 0.7 qt

Hello fathers (or better parents) :)

Just info for you. If you know Gcompris game collection for your kids and have installed it from repo, maybe you face games freezing or even system freezing. Today I found, there is a new version on the main Gcompris site based on QT, with completely redesigned menu, new games and mainly not freezing. Just tested with my both kids and it worked OK. I had some troubles with installation and running, as the sh file just extract files to some folders and I needed to run app from terminal as a script. I also faced troubles with sounds. After a while everything was OK. If you need more info, just let me know. In the meantime I will look somewhere for deb packages in order to be placed in our repository.

PS: Sweet evening today. I had so much time for myself, lol :)

Stefan

http://gcompris.net/index-en.html 

• Like 1

Hi Stefan

Did you have any luck finding the deb files for this game collection? I'm asking not as a father or grandfather but as a potential great-grandfather - oldest grandchild now 25...

Hi.

I did not find deb package thus I had to create it by myself. I send it to Jeff for some testings. He is busy these day though. I can upload it somewhere for your testings if you are interested.

OK. Gcompris-qt in the repository (thank you Jeff). I hope I added all dependencies related to audio and you will enjoy the nice game collection with your kids.

sudo apt-get install gcompris-qt

Enjoy

PS: Let me know if you come across some difficulties...