Sign in to follow this  
coolmark1995

Enlightenment and slow laptop

Question

I am looking at Bodhi enlightenment desktop right now and I am wondering how resource intensive it is and if I am better off sticking with linux mint in this case. I love the look of enlightenment thats why I thought id come here and ask. Thanks for any responses or help , Mark

8 answers to this question

enlightenment is now moksha a fork/development of it.  Mint is a hog and will slow everything down significantly.  even if you remove most of the garbage.

in my case i added certain stuff that i needed and they are all large apps but it still runs fast on my 2 laptops.

Bodhi linux is declared to be a suitable solution for old HW. The details you can find on our WIKI page http://www.bodhilinux.com/w/system-requirements/

I doubt you will find the better looking and faster distro around. If yes, let me know please ;)

Anyway the Moksha/E desktop is something which needs some time for getting familiar with. But after some time you will become a Bodhi addict. At least here it happened...:)

• Like 1

The only major desktop that comes close to the resource efficiency of Moksha is LXDE. 

And LXQT. And Openbox.

LXQT isn't a stable release / will eventually just be LXDE when it is stable. Openbox is just a window manager not a desktop and I don't consider it major or feature rich like Moksha and others.

• Like 1