joe.y-lee

Cannot Login After Bodhi 4 Upgrade

Question

I've installed Bodhi 4 onto my computer and after typing my password correctly, the screen turns black and then kicks me back to the login screen. Multiple google searches lead me to Ubuntu users who have also had this problem but so far none of their solutions work (or maybe I am doing something wrong).

I preserved my /home which is encrypted during the install and I'm thinking this is the main reason I can't login. I was able to drop to the command line and then use ecryptfs-mount-private to access my old /home however I don't know what to do from their. How do I start moksha from the command line? How do I update my system to access my old /home after the login screen? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

2 answers to this question

Sort of an all around the world proposed fix, but could you back up your data un-encrypted, start over and re-encrypt?  I'm sure someone with more Linux know-how will have a better solution...

Welcome to the forums!

Can you provide links to some of the things you have tried so far and what the results of your efforts was?