Sign in to follow this  
bob rashkin

This is a "totally boss" system

By the way, for anyone under 60, "boss" was slang in the 60's for "very good".

I don't say this enough, but Bodhi is as close to the perfect platform for me as I can imagine. I am reminded of this every time I use it. I'm not a particularly exotic computer user. I don't play games. I'm neither particularly skilled, nor particularly interested in tweaking Linux or otherwise getting under the hood. I do a little programming in Python and Javascript. I do a lot of data analysis and processing. Of course I do a lot of email and browsing, too much really. What I do on my computer I consider pretty important and I can no longer imagine doing it any other way.  Bodhi gives me what I require without any hassles. I can install the software I need without cluttering up either my disk or my desktop. It's intuitive to use and as stable as a rock. The little bit I need to know about how Linux works was not hard to pick up and Bodhi makes even that mostly unnecessary.

So, thank you.

• Like 5

18 years back my first laptop got debian with windowmaker and was used for years with it. Bodhi bring back the old thrill, comes with a pretty a-z configurable desktop that slightly amazed me. While all known software packages are available and can be used again. After years with plain Ubuntu, Linuxmint and short period with Enlightenment Freya now Bodhi become my favorite.

Go on with this, it's great.

Three cheers for Bodhi!

Huzzah!  Huzzah!  Huzzah! ^_^

I now have Bodhi on two PCs, an old Thinkpad, a netbook and a tablet - runs great on all!

Bodhi on the tablet?

ok, ok...I can't say the on screen keyboard works (i have a tiny keyboard with built in track pad) but yes, it's some old Acer device.  It was running windoz 7 but now has Bodhi.