Sign in to follow this  
tomprofan

Lenovo Thinkpad T460p

Question

Hi friends !

I installed to the system above and can't get the normal resolution.

The screen is also distorted.

But the funny thing is.. if I boot the same Image from USB with Live everything is good ?

Thanks Thomas

10 answers to this question

What is your current screen resolution, and, what do you think it should be? You may be able to use arandr or xrandr to get the proper resolution.

Did the installation again and now i have the correct resolutions. As i understand Bodhi runs on the intel GPU and not on my Nvidia.

I think thats the problem why its nor correctly working at the dockingstation with 2 Monitors.

Is there also a way to set the buttons for display brightness ?

Thanks Tom

Do you mean the key bindings for the brightness? If yes, it is possible:

1. Menu-settings-settings_panel-input tab-key bindings. Then create the new key bindings for the brightness

2. Another solution is to have the backlight gadget on the shelf or desktop. Menu-settings-modules. Under first tab (Utilities) is the backlight module which you need to load. A bulb will appear on the shelf and you can try the functionality.

Feel free to ask if you need more help

Stefan

If you plan to install the nvidia drivers some time in the future you can use the control panel to set the brightness and the layout of your dualhead rig. It can save your settings if you put a check next to Restore settings on boot. Set it up once, use the module and your Bodhi will be ready every time.

Thinkpads are suitable for linux, like greywizard says, especially when their keyboards don't have that logo on them. It's only when you pick their unique 12-inch models with the unusual configurations that will tax your patience sometimes; I recall trying to get the stylus to work on Fedora, but did not have the time back then.

• Like 1

If you plan to install the nvidia drivers some time in the future you can use the control panel to set the brightness and the layout of your dualhead rig. It can save your settings if you put a check next to Restore settings on boot. Set it up once, use the module and your Bodhi will be ready every time.

Thinkpads are suitable for linux, like greywizard says, especially when their keyboards don't have that logo on them. It's only when you pick their unique 12-inch models with the unusual configurations that will tax your patience sometimes; I recall trying to get the stylus to work on Fedora, but did not have the time back then.

How can I install the Nvidia drivers.. didnt finde the right one ...

See what you can get from this thread, but nvidia must have something newer than 346 by now. Get your display running properly before adding another screen lol :lol: You know, I recall insisting on showing the splash screen aka nvidia logo (via the nvidia control panel) before Enlightenment shows its splash screen--this is after plymouth--just to confirm that the closed source drivers were kicking in. Suggest you do the same, especially if you plan on using more than one display.

• Like 1

Installed 375...everything is now blazing fast ;)

Could it be that the battery lasts longer with the dedicated graphics ?

AFAIK it's the opposite, the onboard graphic chip is less power hungry. But in your situation you hardly have a choice I think.

Glad you got it working.

Enjoy,

Charles.