Sign in to follow this  
ikemp

Cellphone not detected in Bodhi

Question

9 answers to this question

Currently my workaround is having everything possible saved on a micro SD in my phone...then here and there I take this out and manually back-up what I need to my Bodhi system/s.

...yeeeaaaaah...a bit old-school, but it works.

Would we need to install libmtp packages or something?

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2226702

...thirteen pages of forum discussion...can't say I read it all but maybe a start?

On Discord Jeff said Bodhi (well, PCManFM) should just work in this area - "you had your phone setup to connect as a MTP device?  When I attach mine I have to flip something in the settings on the phone for it to show up"

Possible starting points?

mtp-tools might help. But I have noticed pcmanfm crashes or freezes when I use it to access my phone. But nautilus doesn't seem to have any trouble.

I'll be honest - I haven't even tried to connect my new phone to see what happens.  Maybe I should do that...connect my phone and see what happens!

My old phone was left out in a nice rainstorm on Xmas eve...good times!  At least my micro SD survived! 

I'll have to try that.

Also, I would mention that some/all(?) android phones will probably have to be switched to or maybe even from mtp to make any connection. My Nexus 5 has to be in either MTP or PTP, I don't recall. I do remember that usually my phone only shares the DCIM directory, so, I have to move files to that directory so I can get them off of my phone. :mellow:

Also, I would mention that some/all(?) android phones will probably have to be switched to or maybe even from mtp to make any connection. My Nexus 5 has to be in either MTP or PTP, I don't recall. I do remember that usually my phone only shares the DCIM directory, so, I have to move files to that directory so I can get them off of my phone. :mellow:

That my have also been, part of the reason I started using nautilus.