Sign in to follow this  
Nkonti

Screen Saver on New Install

Why on earth would you have the screen saver option running on a new install? I was trying to breathe life into an old piece of !@#$ laptop with your legacy install and the screen saver kept kicking on which would take forever to "mouse" out of... finally after all the errors encountered during the install, I finally SMASHED IT and threw it in the garbage in frustration. The laptop was running XP without issue prior... I didn't feel like wasting anymore of my life on it but going through an XP reinstall so in the garbage it went. I wouldn't recommend this distro to anyone trying to breathe new life into an old piece of hardware. This sucked hours of my time that I will never get back. Sorry for the rant, just thought you should reconsider "screen saving" an install and maybe scraping the legacy iso. It clearly doesn't work well.

Why on earth would you have the screen saver option running on a new install? I was trying to breathe life into an old piece of !@#$ laptop with your legacy install and the screen saver kept kicking on which would take forever to "mouse" out of... finally after all the errors encountered during the install, I finally SMASHED IT and threw it in the garbage in frustration. The laptop was running XP without issue prior... I didn't feel like wasting anymore of my life on it but going through an XP reinstall so in the garbage it went. I wouldn't recommend this distro to anyone trying to breathe new life into an old piece of hardware. This sucked hours of my time that I will never get back. Sorry for the rant, just thought you should reconsider "screen saving" an install and maybe scraping the legacy iso. It clearly doesn't work well.

Sorry to hear about the frustration...

I think you are referring to screen blanking?  You can turn it off or extend the amount of time before blanking.  Were you actively using the Laptop while it blanked?

I have a Thinkpad that is older than dirt and haven't run into this.

Community, any known install bugs or anything? 

I'm wondering if something on the install media may not have been quite right? 

Hmm, I could not detect a question for support in the original post, so I did not bother to answer. Why feeding the trolls?

The legacy version is fine with me and works A-OK on my 8 year old netbook. Nobody else wants to throw it out the window.

BTW, should this be moved to the feedback section?

Enjoy,

Charles.

• Like 2

Hmm, I could not detect a question for support in the original post, so I did not bother to answer. Why feeding the trolls?

The legacy version is fine with me and works A-OK on my 8 year old netbook. Nobody else wants to throw it out the window.

BTW, should this be moved to the feedback section?

Enjoy,

Charles.

Sorry and true true...I thought there may be a possible chance for support...suppose with the PC in the garbage, we can't do a lot. 

(Hopefully the battery was removed and safely recycled first...well...all of the electronic components...)

"Feedback" seems appropriate.

Thank you, Charles.