Rene Malmgren

Moksha not so stable.

Question

Hi, I have been using Bodhi now for several years, and I do it more or less on all my three workstations.

Recently I have had really annoying stability problems with Moksha. After a while, ( can be betweend 1-2 days to two weeks ) the windows system crashes. Usually it stars by preforming badly ( slowly ) and then after a while it stops updating the screen at all.

The only knows antidote that I have found so far is to switch to console and then kill all the enlightenment processes, and to log in again.

the interesting thing is that both my home computer, running a Intel i7 with internal GFX and my Intel i5 here at work seem to have the same problem. While my old old computer that runs om AMD and Bodhi 3 does not.

I realize that this is not a very good bugreport, but it would be cool if we could track down the bug.

So what am I looking 4.

Well for starters, is there any way we could get logs out from E / M so that we can try to narrow down the bug?

I suspect that the problem could be related to Chrome / Firefox and E / M.

/Rene

Pretty sure these issues are resolved with EFL 1.19.1 in the testing branch.

• Like 2

I'm really, really happy to report that the new EFL 1.19.1 suppresses completely the Moksha segfaults and lockups. I even activate the Window "Display Information" and the Zoom animation when switching desktops (both were known ways of getting issues), and I was not able at all to reproduce a single issue.

I did these tests by only updating EFL, without updating other Moksha packages.

THANKS JEFF!!! You did it!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 3

I'm just sorry it took me so long to getting around to trying EFL 1.19. Better late than never I suppose.

These packages are in the stable branch now. 

• Like 1

I'm just sorry it took me so long to getting around to trying EFL 1.19. Better late than never I suppose.

These packages are in the stable branch now. 

Confirmed in my case,

No more annoying restart.

Thanks Jeff and Teams! :D :D :D

Guys, after upgrading to EFL 1.19.1, Swami still works for you?

To be sure,

1. I opened Swami in one 32-bit Bodhi computer. It was working as expected.

2. Updated EFL. Swami ceased to work.

3. Updated Swami. Swami does not work.

4. Updated Moksha. Swami does not work.

Same steps in a 64-bit computer, same results: swami was working, after EFL update it does not.

In the 32 and 64 bit the error message is the same:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/swami", line 177, in <module>
    app = MainWin(launchArg)
  File "/usr/bin/swami", line 46, in __init__
    self.icon_object_set(icon.object_get())
  File "efl/elementary/image.pxi", line 469, in efl.elementary.__init__.Image.object_get (efl/elementary/__init__.c:174473)
  File "efl/eo/efl.eo.pyx", line 137, in efl.eo.object_from_instance (efl/eo/efl.eo.c:2170)
ValueError: Eo object at 0x40002652 of type Edje.Object does not have a mapping!