Sign in to follow this  
BeGo

e21?

Question

6 answers to this question

hmmm curious as to why?

I can't speak for Jeff but Bodhi has traditionally had a version of usually pure enlightenment often from enlightenment git in the testing repos. I think with versions after e17 Jeff found it rather unstable and stopped making the deb files but e21 is rather stable in most cases as far as I know. e21 has a few significant improvements and changes from e17 and I suppose Jeff added it to our testing repo so some of the more experimental users could try it out. I use e21 in a few VMs for a number of reasons, one being to comparing issues moksha may be having to how the the same thing acts in e21 to try to see if it is a Moksha issue or some other library is causing the issue. 

• Like 2

I always check on the latest desktops which includes the latest E release to see how they compare to Moksha periodically. This was the first time I'd used Enlightenment in awhile and it wasn't a dumpsterfire of crashes and lockups so I put the package I built into the repos for folks who want to try it.

I spent half a day on it before I grew tired of not having a working systray and lacking modules I use in Moksha. 

• Like 4