Sign in to follow this  
graywizardlinux

streaming audio capture app?

Hi I use Vokoscreen.The best utility for screen capture whether it is video music or whatever.I used the ubuntu download instructions and the download was without a hitch.Once whatever you have downloaded you are asked to email the file to yourself. You can either do that or click on your downloaded file and save it to your preferred location, just remember to delete from your drafts folder. You simply have to check the box [save to drafts] the guys at Vokoscreen have made it that simple. Good luck I am a novice and it really was simple.I use Vokoscreen daily. Regards, n

Hi , I use Vokoscreen to capture any activity on your desktop. I simply downloaded Vokoscreen following the instructions on Ubuntu. The download and installation was easy and went without a hitcn. You simply email the download to yourself or save the file to your favourite location. Just remember to delete the file from the [save to drafts] checkbox,  if you follow the latter choice. I use Vokoscreen on a daily basis and I am a novice. Regards and good luck, n

OBS and Audacity will both do this. OBS also does video capture, Audacity only does audio. 

Here is a lead to get you started, otherwise the wiki covers a lot more on streaming, so you can browse at your own pace. But even if it explains the command line options, when you switch to GUI you shouldn't be intimidated anymore