Sign in to follow this  
bob rashkin

analog clock widget

Question

This is a very minor problem. In fact, it's even a minor annoyance, not a problem at all. I'm using the Moksha Green theme, ever since Stephan fixed the numeric display on the power monitor widget (thanks again for that). I changed the clock to analog because I like it better than the digital time display (I'm the poster boy for Old School). Now when I click it to bring up the clock app (to see the date for instance) nothing happens. I have to click the shelf and Refresh, then it works. If I switch back to digital, it works fine. I switch back to analog and clicking does nothing until I refresh the shelf. 

As I said, it's barely even an annoyance but it there it is.

10 answers to this question

Hello Bob

Just trying to reproduce your issue, but I am not able. Everything works as expected here under BL 4.3.1 and BL 3.2.1. Maybe you need to try restart Moksha.

Stefan

I thought you can restart Moksha and try switching to digital and back to analog clock again. I just wanted to know what happens.

Hmm. Some more ideas:

Try deleting the shelf and then add a new one. Or remove the clock widget and place it back. Sorry, hard to help more as I have not your HW.

Hello Bob

I spent whole evening with this small issue. Please upgrade the bodhi-theme-moskha-green package and let me know if it helps.

Stefan

PS: good catch. This issue affects also clock in default theme...

PS2: DOOMguy - yes, theme issue :)

Hey Stefan,

I didn't (don't) know how to just upgrade the theme so I did a dist-upgrade. At that point it still manifested the same problem but I suppose that is reasonable since I didn't reload Moksha. Since that ALWAYS works, I did  reboot. The widget worked, but again, I think that was the previous behavior. So I did some normal activities. It's still working. This is what we call a "null experiment". I think it's fixed but all can say is I haven't seen the "bad" behavior since the upgrade.

Great work as always!