Sign in to follow this  
penguinator

Screen resolution enhancement on EeePC 701 running Bodhi 4.4?

Question

I have a fresh install of v4.4 (thanks to Charles!) on my 701 and am about to begin customizing it, starting with the screen resolution to make the 7" screen conveniently usable.  I use two scripts to toggle the resolution through a couple of levels of pan-and-scan, and with the other script, through a couple of levels of increased virtual screen resolution. 

I was intending to 'recycle' my (old, but working) xrandr scripts, but thought I would first ask first, if there is now anything included in the OS, that would be better?

Since I didn't see any references in a forum search to other users doing this, here is an example.  As old as they are, my scripts work fine -- I ran v4.4's installer on the 701 while using my pan-and-scan script, just to make sure I didn't miss any buttons.

2 answers to this question

That is still a fine way to do what you are accomplishing. 

If you pull up Moksha's keybinding dialog you can even set up a key binding to run your commands nicely for you instead of manually running them via a terminal or what not. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the encouragement! 

I saw a module having something to do with 'Resolution' but didn't see anything happening after it was loaded and thought I was missing a new feature.  From your comment, I'll let that go and just concentrate on getting the scripts running.

Yes, running the script with key binding is the way to go, because one can shift resolution 'on the fly', without opening another window or interrupting the work flow. 

With this script for scaling, each time the short-cut key is tapped, the resolution shifts, continually cycling between two options.  At least, that's what happens on the previous Bodhi version -- I'm hoping it will again happen with the current version. 

I thought a new post with a descriptive title would be the best because I need some help in getting that running!  Thanks in advance for whatever can be done. :)