Sign in to follow this  
Bok

Recommendations for a PIM/Organizer for Bodhi 4.4?

Question

I'm looking to install a Personal Information Manager / Organizer on Bodhi 4.4 and am hoping that the forum could recommend one, as I can't seem to find any in the Apt Center.

The system in running on a netbook with 2GB of ram and while I'm a big fan of Kontact, I feel it will pull in way too many dependencies and possibly compromise performance on a netbook.

Any thoughts and/or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

7 answers to this question

I'm looking to install a Personal Information Manager / Organizer on Bodhi 4.4 and am hoping that the forum could recommend one, as I can't seem to find any in the Apt Center.

The system in running on a netbook with 2GB of ram and while I'm a big fan of Kontact, I feel it will pull in way too many dependencies and possibly compromise performance on a netbook.

Back then, I use Kontact too, and really love it, but it increasingly became problematic for gigs of mails, and problem with account incompabilities. :wacko:

Now, I use Rambox as PIM, which support way more accounts, but, very resource intensive, even more than Kontact, except for it mailing system, and it fully online, no offline capabilities. ;)

http://rambox.pro/#

There is evolution in the repo and lxle has a nice implementation of mozilla build of seamonkey with mods for calendar, tasks and address book. See info at lxle.net. You can also add a calendar to thunderbird with the lightning add on. I think osmos is in the repo too, and there is another one but zI cant remember its name.

edit: orage was the other one I was thinking of, but not sure it is pim.

• Like 1

Thanks so much folks for your input. I think that possibly osmo would be the least resource intensive of the one's in the repos for a netbook and as working offline is sometimes required,that would be the route to go.

I am starting to use topydo, for scheduled reminders.  I have added a Memo column for items to remember, without a due date, by creating a memo:1 Tag.  As soon as I get v4.3.1's screen resolution problem fixed (a different matter, in a different thread), I would like to dedicate the 4GB L701 to this purpose.  Topydo is an extremely  light-weight solution, and very fast to operate -- ready-to-go as soon as the OS wakes-up because there's no program to load and run.  I keep it open in terminal on a Desktop reserved for it. 

I would - not will - recommend Evolution or Mozilla Thunderbird because they worked for me before. With the advent of Gmail, I totally stopped using PIMs and digital organisers but I resorted back to the magnanimity of this planet earth: I use pen and paper to take notes, and I plaster a huge A1 size calendar on my wall and I keep ink markers around handy. Person meets personal, perfect without any cybersecurity concerns.  :rolleyes: 

I am using Thunderbird on  a 2G machine. I use it as a mail client and to synch with my google contacts and my google calendar. It also has a task feature and probably other add ons you can use (the calendar, contact  and calendar synch are add ons)

Michel