Sign in to follow this  
chazzychazz

audio not coming and video issue

Question

Hello guys,

i am new to linux and installed bodhi everything is working fine expecting audio and video.

audio output is zero.

and while i play any video online it's goes too fast.

5 answers to this question

Have they worked with a different distro? Be sure to include hardware information so that we may be able to help. Unless you are tech and linux savvy, the logs ought to point you in the right direction. System boot messages too.  Run vlc in the meantime from the terminal, and see what diagnostic messages it spits out before crashing. More detailed descriptions will hasten this exchange of ideas. Skimp on the important stuff, and your answer will arrive, probably next year (relax, it's only a few weeks away) :)

Do the headphones work? Have you tried a different browser? Midori isn't the one I'd use (it's meant for installing stuff mostly) -- try Firefox. Or try the wiki, after the Beginner's Guide that is.

• Like 1

For audio I would suggest you make sure everything is un-muted. I have had issues in the past where PCM is muted for some reason. You should be able to click the volume icon in your system tray and see a button to get to the settings. You should then be able to click through the objects(?) and make sure each is un-muted.

Have they worked with a different distro? Be sure to include hardware information so that we may be able to help. Unless you are tech and linux savvy, the logs ought to point you in the right direction. System boot messages too.  Run vlc in the meantime from the terminal, and see what diagnostic messages it spits out before crashing. More detailed descriptions will hasten this exchange of ideas. Skimp on the important stuff, and your answer will arrive, probably next year (relax, it's only a few weeks away) :)

Do the headphones work? Have you tried a different browser? Midori isn't the one I'd use (it's meant for installing stuff mostly) -- try Firefox. Or try the wiki, after the Beginner's Guide that is.

yes sound is coming in diff distro , and this thing is happening in all browser.

It is asus vivobook E200HA

intel Cherry trail Quad-Core Z8300 processor , 1.84GHz

For audio I would suggest you make sure everything is un-muted. I have had issues in the past where PCM is muted for some reason. You should be able to click the volume icon in your system tray and see a button to get to the settings. You should then be able to click through the objects(?) and make sure each is un-muted.

checked everything is un-muted.

Hello guys,

i am new to linux and installed bodhi everything is working fine expecting audio and video.

audio output is zero.

and while i play any video online it's goes too fast.

Could be a wide range of issues. Bodhi out of box usually supports most audio and video hardware that Debian and Ubuntu too do, while I do not suggest that you give up on Bodhi, my personal guess is that you might have some luck with another linux distribution or audio or media playback application assuming you are mentioning about playing media files streams from a web browser. User experience is not always guaranteed in open source projects partially because the economic utility is not optimal if we end up troubleshooting whether the media clip you were playing was in the first place faulty in which case it could even be a website provider's issue. Just my two cents on a cold boxing day when my mind is rather frozen stiff.  -_-