Sign in to follow this  
Keemo

Need help with drivers for 2nd gen Intel HD Graphics

Question

Hello, Bodhi Linux community. I'm almost new to Linux, have used it maybe for a week or so in the past. Laptops hard drive broke, and I can't get a new one right now. Some for some time I have to use my PC with only USB stick. I installed BL on my EasyNote TE11HC, Pentium B980, Intel HD Graphics, 4GB of RAM. OS runs good of the USB stick, just dragging windows around is laggy, leaves a trail, and I suspect that my drivers are the problem. Spent some time googling, but couldn't find anything. First time using Linux in this particular laptop. When I type lshq -c video in terminal, it show the following: 

description: VGA compatible controller
       product: 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 2
       bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
       version: 09
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
       configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
       resources: irq:25 memory:c0000000-c03fffff memory:b0000000-bfffffff ioport:3000(size=64) memory:c0000-dffff

I don't think that i915 is the correct driver for Intel HD. Can anyone help me with this? Also, I don't think it should run at 33 MHz.

4 answers to this question

Hmm, my computer has an integrated Intel HD 3rd generation and runs with the i915 chipset/driver and a i3 CPU and 4GB RAM with no issues.

What you are seeing is probably caused by the fact that your system is on a USB stick. I suspect that your computer does only have USB2 which is a slow connection. Plus some sticks have slow firmware to begin with. Heavy operations like moving a window around might be too much. Once you have it installed on a decent harddrive again these lags and trails will be gone IMO.

Enjoy,

Charles

• Like 1