fore17

Bodhi/Forum milestones

...... This OS is far from done with the growth: it is getting the recognition it deserves. E17 is a unique desktop, and this is the best implementation of it I have ever used. E-Live was good; this is superb. ......

This is absolutely true.

Bodhi 1.0.0, the first stable release, was made available for download from sourceforge.net on 26 March, not yet two months ago.

As a confirmation of hobocaver's comment, at this date, (22 May) Bodhi 1.0.0 reached the total of 20 thousand downloads, from 152 countries. from sourceforge.net.

This a beautiful achievement and a very impressive number for a 6 month project, that provide an increased motivation for Jeff and the Board Team to keep up the excellent work, making all of us proud to be part of this great community.

Congratulations to Bodhi Linux.

Wow! That's just amazing. I can't express how proud and honored I am to be involved in this project.

Can we get the numbers for bittorrents too?

cheers

mark

So we rolled into 13k posts some time in the last day... That means 3k posts in 40 days. None to shabby :)

~Jeff

Impressive !

Other number I've been looking at is about registered users and reaching the first K there.

After a very fast grow, it seems that the eighties are now running quite slow, but of course, sometime for some reason we will see a jump on it.

One thing I would like to see scrutinized, its about the general user satisfaction regarding Bodhi. Could be a good info for the devels.

Minimalized, art work, customization, enlightenment, ease of use, documentation, hardware detection, running on light/old hardware, the forum, the documentation, internationalization, the community, the lead developer :P, users assistance, the software wiki (doku? :lol:)..........

All this and more, could be part of a big poll allowing multiple answers, and a comment the like of "what would you like in Bodhi to make it more attractive"

A pool that certainly should be started by some of our prominent team member.

One thing I would like to see scrutinized, its about the general user satisfaction regarding Bodhi. Could be a good info for the devels.

In my admittedly limited experience, people are a lot more likely to gripe than to praise in a forum like this. We certainly do get our fair share of gripes, but what really amazes me is the number of kudos we get here. I take that to mean that most folks' first impression of Bodhi is pretty darned good.

In my admittedly limited experience, people are a lot more likely to gripe than to praise in a forum like this.

Doc, I have to admit that along 2 years using Linux, this forum is by far, the only one I have been following closely (lucky for me, since almost it started).

So, I don't now too much about others, although I've seen here and there the moderators to have to get one or other guy to stay put.

In 6 or 7 monthes here, I never ever seen the minimum incident. Its fantastic that, isn't it? Maybe some magical related to the meaning of the word Bodhi...

The first release of Bodhi was Nov 17 2010, but the first post found in the Forum was Dec 02 2010.

Today, one day after Bodhi completed 8 months old, the forum reached 1000 registered users.

Lets see how the forum grown, as per our posts in here.

Jan 13 - 1000 posts

Jan 31 - 2000 "

Feb 16 - 3000 "

Feb 28 - 4000 "

May 7 - 10000 "

Jun 15 - 13000 "

Jul 18 - 15631 "

Jan 15 - 100 registered users

Feb 09 - 300 "

Mar 28 - 500 "

Jul 18 - 1000 "

Congratulation to the bodhi community, for this new milestone.

Yesterday, the 8th of September, was released the version 1.2.0 of Bodhi Linux.

As Jeff mentioned in the announcement, "20,000 forum posts and over 100,000 downloads later the Bodhi team and I are proud to announce our second point release - Bodhi Linux 1.2.0...".

Today we can also see the Forum reached 1200 registered users.

A big thank you and congratulations to Jeff, the developers, members of the board and every user who participated on helping other users, cooperating on various areas and giving feed back, suggestions and ideas. All of that is important to keep improving Bodhi Linux and the Enlightenment Desktop for a better computing experience to all its users around the world.

Update:

Jan 13 - 1000 posts

Jan 31 - 2000 "

Feb 16 - 3000 "

Feb 28 - 4000 "

May 7 - 10000 "

Jun 15 - 13000 "

Jul 18 - 15631 "

Set 08 - 20000 "

Oct 06 - 23800 "

Jan 15 - 100 registered users

Feb 09 - 300 "

Mar 28 - 500 "

Jul 18 - 1000 "

Set 09 - 1200 "

Oct 06- 1400 "

Wow, big jumps! And it's noticeable, as keeping track of the forum is becoming harder and harder. =)

keeping track of the forum is becoming harder and harder

No kidding >.

~Jeff

Fun stat about the total forum posts. When we hit 1000 total posts over 500 of them had been made by myself personally.

Now that we are over 26000 only 3500 some have been made by me. Meaning it has gone from over 50% to below 15%. Steps in the right direction me thinks as our community grows :D

~Jeff

This is very good news indeed! Not that i dont like your posts, haha. Also i'd like to note that the total number of users online at the same time has gone up to 82... thus is becoming a busy place!

Fun stat about the total forum posts. When we hit 1000 total posts over 500 of them had been made by myself personally.

Now that we are over 26000 only 3500 some have been made by me. Meaning it has gone from over 50% to below 15%. Steps in the right direction me thinks as our community grows :D

~Jeff

Jeff, time to thinking about a few days holidays? :P

At the moment we're number 19 on distro watch.... thats a milestone, right?

Yep. Maintaining that top 20 spot even after our release :)

~Jeff

Yep. Maintaining that top 20 spot even after our release :)

~Jeff

The Distrowatch ranking is very volatile, we now that.

It ranks the DW users preferences, which may differ from "real world" preferences (of course).

People give it lots of attention because nobody did a better ranking of Linux popularity in the the desktop, yet. Otherwise, Bodhi would be among the top 10 ;)

PS:

Next Bodhi (short term) milestones, are:

Total posts: 30 000

Total members: 2 000

On line at once: 100

What's your best expectation for when, to some of the above?

What's your best expectation for when, to some of the above?

Tomorrow! Someone is gonna post a review which the entire Linux community is gonna watch, and everyone is gonna think; "Why the hell am I using [insert distro name here], when I can use Bodhi?" And so step two of Bodhi world domination is complet.

Tomorrow! Someone is gonna post a review which the entire Linux community is gonna watch, and everyone is gonna think; "Why the hell am I using [insert distro name here], when I can use Bodhi?" And so step two of Bodhi world domination is complet.

aeonius, yes, tomorrow morning!!! :P

complet.

I'm sorry, I know it's just a typo, but that is such a great word to not complete writing :lol:. I love it.

And woo! Go Bodhi! Keep those records coming!

Hahaha, it's indeed a nice typo, not finishing the word complete! I always like people pointing out my mistakes :angry: but this was a funny one ;)

"Share your desktop!" (in "General" / "Desktop of the Week" section) is the most viewed topic in the Bodhi Forum.

Number of views on this date (nov 03, 2011): 28 000

By the way....

This month, on the 17th, Bodhi will be 1 year old cool.gif !!!