Vaidas

Wallpapers for Bodhi by Vaidotas

Every background that I chose is now packaged individually in our repos, and there is also a package for installing them all at once.

To check them out..

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install bodhi-backgrounds-pack

This package will be updated over time as more are made.

Please note they're installed under the "system" tab of the wallpaper selector, not the "personal" tab

Everyone give a special thanks to Vaidotas, because of the 72 bodhi wallpapers now available, he made 72 of them.

Why I can't use the Vaidotas wallpapers on my system? Did all of the above, but on the system tab of the wallpaper selector, only the wallpapers that appear with a small graphic thumbnail on the list are usable, that is, Bodhi_background and bodhi-stones-gray. All the other ones on the list, from bodhi-abstract to bodhi-zen, appear with a question mark thumbnail, and when applying, nothing happens... <_<

Hmm, just installed the package in a VM with 3.1.0-32bit-legacy and they all appear and can be applied.

The files can be found in 

/usr/share/enlightenment/data/backgrounds/

and they are .edj files. I wonder this has to do with it. Different architecture or old edje version?

Enjoy,

Charles.

PS. Might be better to open a support Topic for this and not polluting the Vaidotas thread.

Edited by Charles@Bodhi
added PS

Just to be clear, I found the cause I wasn't able to use the Vaidotas wallpapers. The bodhi-backgrounds-pack has an incorrect set of permissions, only the owner has read permission. I fixed that in /usr/share/enlightenment/data/backgrounds/ by running a chmod ugo+r *edj

Although I wonder why I seem to be the only one that had this issue, and everybody else is unnaffected... :blink:

As of Thursday, December 22, 2016 at 17:28:17 UTC:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install bodhi-backgrounds-pack

Throws:

E: Unable to locate package bodhi-backgrounds-pack
Was this package renamed, moved, discontinued?

Was this package renamed, moved, discontinued?

This was a Bodhi 3.x package and has never been updated for Bodhi 4.0. I may look into repacking it all this week end, altho I am not going to package every single background image as was done for Bodhi 3.x.

• Like 1

This was a Bodhi 3.x package and has never been updated for Bodhi 4.0. I may look into repacking it all this week end, altho I am not going to package every single background image as was done for Bodhi 3.x.

I took a look at repackaging this collection of Vaidotas wallpapers and noticed a lack of copyright information. Some images have been used which I can not verify we have a clear right right to reuse and officially distribute  in our repos. After to talking some to Vaidotas and more with Jeff we have came to the conclusion that keeping them out of the repo for legal reasons seems like the safe call. I personally am not going to remove them from bodhi3.x repos but for this reason someone else may.

However I did indeed manage to package it all into a deb file and anyone wishing more information about this matter IM or email me ;)

• Like 1