apapousek

Acer Iconia A500 Tab (Partially Working)

Hello All,

I probably won't be posting back to the Bodhi Linux forums, but this post on XDA shows how to install Bodhi on the Acer Iconia A500 Tab.

UPDATE: 5 Dec 2012

I decided to play around with it a bit more. This should be fun...

When I said I probably wasn't going to update here, I lied. I'm busy working away on an Alpha 2, with improved WiFi, and the host name changed, along with a few scripts to get some things set up easier.

When I said I probably wasn't going to update here, I lied. I'm busy working away on an Alpha 2, with improved WiFi, and the host name changed, along with a few scripts to get some things set up easier.

As tablet prices fall, and features increase, desire for a small fast linux will be high. Thanks for your efforts.

Some people sell their laptops once the verify an ipad device will offer what they need, so a less expensive competitor

to ipad, with debian app selection would be a great option. Keep your grades up, the peanut gallery is always going to be

out here drooling and begging!

I downloaded the latest rootfs from 2013-01-24 and installed this kernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1158260 and I can boot on system, but i'm having troubles with wifi, please can someone help me? I copied the wifi files as suggested here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=28995664&postcount=1, but I couldn't install the packages from the same link, because I couldn't chroot into image on my sd card.

My best guess would be you need to load the file system in a QEMU or chroot into it from a native ARM device to install that kind of stuff.

I use my Chromebook for this type of thing. Makes working on ARM devices much easier have a full "system" that is ARM.

~Jeff

My best guess would be you need to load the file system in a QEMU or chroot into it from a native ARM device to install that kind of stuff.

I use my Chromebook for this type of thing. Makes working on ARM devices much easier have a full "system" that is ARM.

~Jeff

Ok, Android is capable of chrooting. I'll give a try tonight for installing the broadcom drivers properly. I realized that there's a guide for installing those drivers already. If I had success I'll post here more details on how to get it working.

Thanks for quick reply!