Sign in to follow this  
ikouts

Belkin Wireless Adapter

Hallo!

I am a new member in bodhi linux.

I have a desktop computer with Ubuntu 11.10. It is very old and Ubuntu runs slowly. I have a BELKIN F6D4050 v2 usb wireless adapter, which works perfectly with Ubuntu 11.10. Recently I have tried Bodhi Linux with my DELL laptop and I like it very much! I would like to install it in my old desktop computer, but unfortunately I couldn't find drivers for Belkin F6D4050 in the compatibility database. Please, can someone help?

Thanks in advance!

Hallo, First of all, welcome to the forums.

Can you give us the outcome of

lsusb

This will give us the possibility to determine the chipset it uses. It is probably a Ralink, but we need to know more.

Enjoy,

Charles.

Dear Charles,

Thank you for the immediate reply! This is the magic of the Linux Community, which makes all the newcomers very happy!

I gave the Terminal the lsusb command and I got the line "Belkin Components F6D4050 N150 Enhanced Wireless Network Adapter v2000

[Ralink RT3070]"

Next time please give the whole outcome. It should have been something like this:

USB: 050D:935B Belkin Components F6D4050 N150 Enhanced Wireless Network Adapter v2000 [Ralink RT3070] (those numbers in front are important for troubleshooting)

Nevertheless, this chipset should work with the rt2800usb driver. But it needs to find a firmware-file: /lib/firmware/rt2870.bin

For this you need to update the firmware-package

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade linux-firmware

Next reboot and your adapter should now work.

I have presumed that you have Bodhi 1.3.0 with 3.0.0-12 kernel.

Please report back.

Enjoy,

Charles.

• Like 1

Dear Charles

Only tonight I had the opportunity to work with my desktop computer. I checked again with the lsusb command and I got the line: Bus 001 Device 002: ID 050d:935b Belkin Components F6D4050 N150 Enhanced Wireless Network Adapter v2000 [Ralink RT3070].

I followed your instruction, I upgraded the firmware, and after a restart I could have my desktop computer on line in my home network, not only in Ubuntu but also in Bodhi Linux too (runing from a bootable cd)!

Tomorrow I am going to fully install Bodhi Linux, replacing Ubuntu, and I hope it will be lighter and faster than the (truly excellent, but heavy) Ubuntu.

I would like to thank you VERY MUCH for your help!

Sign in to follow this