Jeff

Bodhi 2.2.0 Pre-Release Discs

Okie dokie folks, I've published three ISO images for 2.2.0 that are pre-release. You can find them here -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/bodhilinux/files/TestingDiscs/

Please note because these are pre-release images the testing repo is enabled by default on them. Not for stable usage machines, blah blah blah testing warnings here.

The PAE and 64bit feature the 3.7 kernel and the non-PAE features a 3.2 kernel.

Let me know what issues/niggles are found with them. In addition to removing the testing repo - these images will also have updated local docs for the final release.

~Jeff

Just only tested the pae32, ignores language and keyboard after setup, I am presented a US-English menu and Keyboard not the choosen german one. Thats the same bad behavior the update did to my install when going from Omega to Final. Not that big deal for me but has to be fixed IMHO before going into the wild.

is it hybrid iso?

These aren't. I was pressed for time the other day so this slipped my mind. Making this happen is on my check list for the final discs though.

I'll have to look into why the E profiles are resetting people's chosen system language - my guess is the E team setup something in their default profile to cause this, so now our newly updated profiels inherited this issue. Thanks for the heads up.

~Jeff

Hey Jeff,

For this version -- are we required to do a full install or will we be able to do an upgrade?

I will answer this, sudo apt-get dist-upgrade should be enough. I haven't yet taken a close look at it but since I plan on making a service pack bod file for it, I will sooner or latter ;)

32-nonpae.

Midori opening first time gives error, page can not be found. The address misses an extra starting /

Will do more testing this weekend, I hope. And give feedback to the doc team too.

Charles.

Downloaded x64 version and loaded it on a USB stick. Installed from there and have been hammering away at it all afternoon/evening. No show stoppers so far and it looks great even with the default desktop. Great job Jeff and all the E17 Devs over the years. This was worth waiting for.

Vince

For the 2.2.0 64 bits as a virtualbox's guest

Localization parameters/options chosen during the installation aren't applied.

The E file manager can't execute a file and reports some error, after cliking on the file's icon.

The E file manager can't execute a file and reports some error, after cliking on the file's icon.

What do you mean by "can't execute a file"? Like a compiled binary or a shell/bash script?

~Jeff

What do you mean by "can't execute a file"? Like a compiled binary or a shell/bash script?

~Jeff

that's the VBoxLinuxAdditions.run file. The error with the E File Manager is reported by Enligntenment as "the application failed to start". After that I also installed the PCManFM and LXterminal. When I choose to run the file in the terminal by double clicking on the icon in in PCManFM, nothing happens.

The later is the procedure I generally use, and used, to install the guest additions in 2.0.1.

that's the VBoxLinuxAdditions.run file. The error with the E File Manager is reported by Enligntenment as "the application failed to start". After that I also installed the PCManFM and LXterminal. When I choose to run the file in the terminal by double clicking on the icon in in PCManFM, nothing happens.

The later is the procedure I generally use, and used, to install the guest additions in 2.0.1.

As far as I know that .run file needs to be launched in a terminal.

~Jeff

is it hybrid iso?

x64.iso md5sum ok.

i hate unetbooin, got 'syslinux error no configuration file found no default ui configuration directive found'

I've noticed one thing so far. The Forecasts (weather) Module once add to the desktop, will not let me enter a location code or zip code. That's it so far.

Vince

I'll fire another message to the E mailing list about the forecasts entry issue - it is a 3rd party module though and the mails about it are often just ignored.

~Jeff

I'll fire another message to the E mailing list about the forecasts entry issue - it is a 3rd party module though and the mails about it are often just ignored.

~Jeff

Thanks Jeff. It's no biggie, just one of those nice to have things and if they don't want to maintain it they should just take it out all together.

Vince

Thanks Jeff. It's no biggie, just one of those nice to have things and if they don't want to maintain it they should just take it out all together.

Vince

This is a Debian and thus an Ubuntu Problem, to fix this all you need to do is type in a terminal or tty:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure resolvconf

just follow the prompts and answer the questions then restart Enlightenment..

This is a Ubuntu (Debian) Problem, here is the fix:

In a terminal or tty type (without the quotes:

"sudo dpkg-reconfigure resolvconf"

just follow the prompts and answer the questions then reboot...

That is already done by default in Bodhi 2.2.0. He is talking about a different (input) issue with forecasts. I'm told it has been fixed in SVN recently - will need to build some updates soon.

~Jeff

That is already done by default in Bodhi 2.2.0. He is talking about a different (input) issue with forecasts. I'm told it has been fixed in SVN recently - will need to build some updates soon.

~Jeff

yes, i see this now, but the other fix still applies to not getting data even with the right code..

You can still type in the code, you just can't see it as you type. There is a fix, I just don't remember what it was.