Sign in to follow this  
Elw3

How to: OpenPandora

Quickstart:

1.get an SD card (4gb minimum for this doc but it would fit on 2)

2.format it to ext2

3.download the latest image at https://sourceforge.net/projects/bodhi-pandora/?source=navbar

4.copy file into the SD root dir

5.open a terminal inside the card or cd into it

6.enter

sudo tar xfv *.tar.gz

7.wait till it is finished, note that the tar command can still write even when it says finished, so please check the access led before removing the card.

8.insert into the pandoras left card slot

9.enjoy

advanced install:

copy over "/etc/pandora/conf" from you other OS to get your settings right from the beginning.

check you mhz setting. my default is 800mhz and opp3, that might be too high for classic and too low for 1ghz

users.

there is no touchscreen calibration tool, if you need to you must write the raw numbers into /etc/X11/xorg.conf

about this system:

debian7 armhf with bodhi repo.

username and passwort is booth "bodhi"

if you have the old cpu: do not upgrade the system!

about the pnd system:

it is a bit hacky. it does not work if the volume is formated with fat. (found the error but not fixed yet)

the big reload button scans the folders /pandora/desktop and /pandora/menu and only them nothing else. folders, not pnd and spaces in the name will create an rubbish icon.

it probably also crashes the gui... just for seconds tho, and its a one time thing anyway.

you can also right click a file and use open with>pnd-run.

overall it should have a working % similar to sl4p.

shortcuts:

pandora button > control screen

shoulder buttons + left or right > change workspace

shoulder buttons + x > close

shoulder buttons + up > maximize

shoulder buttons + down > next window

fn + del > screenshot

start + select + space > everything

commands:

sdscan > searches the pnd dir and creates menu entrys (quick)

sdscanz > " also grabs the icon (slow and buggy)

those need sudo in front:

pnd-run > obvious, note the - instead of _

jailrun > passes a command to super zaxxon, for example "sudo jailrun thunar"

cpumeter > turns the charging led into a cpu indicator. pretty much useless on the pandora.

shots:

e-521235d47348b1.04086508.jpge-51e346390a4c83.87615598.jpge-51eb4e5c3223f9.53510167.jpg

to do:

fix tv out

button for usb-otg

add touch screen calibration tool

make a keymap

fix midoris missing address bar

make pnds run from fat

make nm-applet see 3g modems or add a phone tool

possible: store settings into ram to disable sd card usage

bluetooth

ditch multiuser system in favour of an all root system

upgrade!

if you can, leave feedback here as i barely visit the pandora boards.

Hi,

i have tested your tarball on my first model pandora.

All is working perfectly but if i try to update the system with an apt-get upgrade ( no dist-upgrade ) at the next reboot enlightment crash and no desktop is avaible.

Do you have in plannig a next release of bodhilinux for pandora?

All is working perfectly but if i try to update the system with an apt-get upgrade ( no dist-upgrade ) at the next reboot enlightment crash and no desktop is avaible.

upgrade does pretty much the same as dist-upgrade. yes the current E built is faulty and wont run on the old models. the rpi has the same problem, hopefully jeff will fix that.

if you need to upgrade something you need to select the package manually or you need to pin Enlightenment. it is working on the 1ghz unit hence i did not pinned it.

Do you have in plannig a next release of bodhilinux for pandora?

well this is the third already. i will keep that updated as long as i own a pandora and as soon as i make major changes to my own system.

see the to do list about what is coming.

thx for the feedback btw

Hi

can i update my pandora to the latest version of bodhilinux ? is it safe?

or you have to do a new tar.gz?

thank you again for your support for the openpandora!

upgrade does pretty much the same as dist-upgrade. yes the current E built is faulty and wont run on the old models. the rpi has the same problem, hopefully jeff will fix that.

if you need to upgrade something you need to select the package manually or you need to pin Enlightenment. it is working on the 1ghz unit hence i did not pinned it.well this is the third already. i will keep that updated as long as i own a pandora and as soon as i make major changes to my own system.

see the to do list about what is coming.

thx for the feedback btw

If you have an 1ghz unit, and only THAT, you can safely follow those "keep it fresh" pages on the wiki.

The 600mzh and CC models wont boot again after an upgrade.

Report back when you run into troubles. Oh and also depending on your SD card the upgrade can take from minutes to several hours, take that in mind.

I am an 600mhz owner and i am not able to push an updated package until E runs on this cpu. That also pretty much gives a release Date: its done when its done.

Have you tried the E17.6 packages I published in stable on this yet? I know you had some issues with E17.4 in the past.

~Jeff

No they are not. There are new packages in stable that are built for Debian Wheezy.

~Jeff

Sign in to follow this